Sunday, August 30, 2009

Water, Water, Everywhere!

Wow...that is all I have to say about the HEAT that has been in our weather forecasts lately!  I think we had been a bit spoiled this summer with the nice breezes and cooler than average temps.  This past week, however proved that summer had a late start this year.  I totally didn't even start using my AC until the end of August, but it has been on for the past 4 or 5 days non-stop.  UGH!  Can not wait to see my electricity bill for the month...soooo not looking forward to that! 
Anyhoo...most of you know I have two crazy little boys, but I also have another adorable little monster that I watch everyday...my third son, my nephew, Aaron.  He is five years old and such a gentle soul...so easy to take care of, so low maintenance, so mellow and ohhh soooo quiet......that is - until he gets together with my 3 year old little devil!  Thats when the chaos begins, and with this unbearable heat and temperatures souring into triple digits, I was not able to give them as much outside time as they wanted and needed.  They would go outside for literally TWO minutes and the next thing I know they are back inside with their cheeks as red as beets, saying, we don't want to play outside.  
This called for PLAN B!  This weekend was our water play weekend!  Friday, I took the boys outside, gave them a hose and let them have at it.  Not only did they get to have fun with water, but I also got a lot out of it...they not only did they water the lawn, but they also washed all their bikes, cars and scooters!  
Saturday the boys played with water guns and they were in for a real treat when I filled up 100 water balloons for them!  As a side note I would like to say that there HAS to be an easier way to fill water balloons!  Even with the little gadget included with them, its still impossible to fill...it took me what seemed like forever to fill those puppies and my fingers are still throbbing...anyone that has any suggestions or tips of filling water balloons PLEASE shoot them over to me pronto!  I have 3 bags left and don't think I will be attempting to fill them anytime soon!
Sunday, I took the day off from designing fabulous, unique birthday invitations for Kreative Lil Invites and we had a great time at the cousin's pool!  Well...I THINK the boys had fun.  It is a gorgeous rock pool with waterfalls and slides which I guess could be intimidating for kids.  Aaron thought the water was too cold and began shivering so getting his feet wet was good enough for him.  Adam was in the water but it took him about an hour to stop screaming.  And little Kammy also could not handle the freezing cold pool so he was not a happy camper when he was in the pool!
According to the forecast this week calls for cooler temperatures which I really hope is true!  If not, then here comes another water play week!  Maybe head over to a water park!

3 comments:

  1. this is cool. good job on the blog babe.....i am proud of you..love you..

    sal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww, you guys are sooo stinkin' cute! Love this lovey doveyness! Shiwa you're going to become my new bff - I can feel it. Lovely meeting you yesterday!

    ReplyDelete